From Cook's Country
Baked Alaska is a clever combination of hot and cold—toasted meringue encircling frozen ice cream—but it’s also a restaurant staple that’s not often recreated in home kitchens. We wanted a Baked Alaska recipe that was foolproof for the home cook, so we bought a prebaked frozen pound cake and softened some high-quality ice cream to make this recipe especially easy. We inverted the cake on an ovenproof platter, where we could brown the sturdy Italian meringue and serve immediately without the need to replate.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists