From Cook's Country
For our Bacony Peas recipe, there was no need to thaw the peas before cooking; we cooked them on the stovetop right out of the freezer. A little dark brown sugar complemented the inherent sweetness of the peas and highlighted the smokiness of the bacon. We were left with plenty of fat after crisping the bacon, most of which we discarded. We only needed a little to finish the peas.
Do not thaw the peas before adding them to the skillet. You can use half a medium red onion in place of the shallot.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists