BBQ French Fries
From Cook's Country
To avoid double-frying the potatoes for our BBQ French Fries, we microwaved them first to soften the interiors. Frying the potatoes all at once dropped the oil temperature too drastically and left us with soggy fries. To ensure that all the fries were crisp but still done at the same time, we partially fried one batch, removed them from the pot, then put them back in once the next batch was nearly done. Toasting our spices in a skillet helped round out their flavor, while a few drops of liquid smoke added to the potatoes before microwaving imparted them with deep smoky flavor.
Wright’s All Natural Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke, our top-rated brand, contains nothing but smoke and water.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists