From Cook's Country
Atlanta Brisket is a braised, southern dish featuring boxed onion soup mix, ketchup, and Atlanta’s own Coca-Cola. We replaced artificial-tasting soup mix with our own blend of sautéed onions, onion and garlic powders, brown sugar, and dried thyme. To ensure that the brisket was seasoned throughout, we pierced it with a fork and salted it overnight before searing it—weighted down with a heavy pot for maximum browning. Finally, we braised the brisket in a mixture of cola and ketchup, which not only flavored the meat but also provided a sweet, tangy sauce to serve with it.
Parchment paper provides a nonreactive barrier between the cola-based braising liquid and the aluminum foil.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists