Asian-Style Sweet Potato Salad
From Cook's Country
For a light, bright-tasting sweet potato salad, we had to rethink our typical potato salad protocol. Unlike their starchy white counterparts, sweet potatoes quickly become waterlogged and turn to mush when they are boiled. Instead, we steamed the sweet potatoes and shocked them with cold water to stop the cooking. To infuse flavor into the now cold potatoes, we marinated them with a heated seasoned vinegar. And a final toss with vinaigrette and accompaniments like bacon and scallion left our salad shining.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists