Apple Dapple Cake
From Cook's Country
The brown sugar and butter in the glaze give our Apple Dapple Cake an extra dose of rich flavor and moisture. Granny smith apples are the perfect choice for tart apple flavor and texture.
We love Gloria Elkins’ recipe for Apple Dapple Cake, but we prefer the glaze to be a little thicker. For our version, we reduced the amount of milk in the glaze and let the cake cool slightly before glazing. For easy cleanup, when applying the glaze in step 3, do so over the sink.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists