From Cook's Country
We toasted the bread in this Antipasto Melts recipe to make sure it was sturdy enough to support all the layers of ingredients. Black olive tapenade added potent flavor to the Antipasto Melts, and it spread evenly across each thick slice of bread once we thinned it with olive oil.
You'll need oversized slices from a large loaf of peasant bread to support the substantial ingredients in this eat-with-a-fork sandwich. Look for tapenade (a puree of black olives) in the Italian section of your local market.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists