From Cook's Country
Unlike a traditional pie, the crust for Angel Pie is made of meringue instead of dough. When making the crust, it was essential to beat the whites to soft peaks. If overbeaten, the whites deflated and the crust came out squat and dense.
For the filling in our Angel Pie, it helped to chill the cream so we could easily beat the cream, vanilla, and sugar to smooth-looking, stiff peaks. With so few ingredients, it was important to use a good quality chocolate in our filling.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists