From Cook's Country
To ensure our Angel Biscuits recipe had a fluffy texture, we used yeast, baking soda, and baking powder. To minimize our biscuits’ oven spread, we reduced the amount of shortening typically used in most recipes, and also switched from cake flour to heartier all-purpose flour. For the biggest and fastest rise, we used instant yeast—dissolving it in warm buttermilk allowed the yeast to start working immediately and shortened the rising time, which made our Angel Biscuits recipe quicker to prepare than most other versions.
You will need a 2 1/2 inch round biscuit cutter for this recipe
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists