From Cook's Country
Ambrosia used to be a fresh fruit salad, but these days, most versions involve opening cans and jars. To get our ambrosia closer to its roots, we overhauled the ingredient list, ousting Cool Whip, marshmallows, maraschino cherries, and Jell-O. Next, we replaced canned fruit with fresh: Pineapple, orange, and grapefruit segments are macerated for 30 minutes to remove excess liquid (and avoid a runny ambrosia); folded with sweet, toasted coconut; and dressed with a fluffy, tangy, vanilla-laced mixture of sour cream and whipped cream.
Serves 8 to 10
You can prepare the fruit up to 24 hours in advance and the dressing up to 4 hours ahead. Refrigerate the components separately and combine to serve.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists