Alsatian Potato Casserole
From Cook's Country
This Alsatian Potato Casserole recipe has a decidedly French flavor. With no cream and little butter, it is relatively light; bacon and onions provide a good deal of flavor. We cooked the onions in the rendered bacon fat to further the smoky meat’s flavor, and used chicken broth to moisten the casserole as it baked to prevent it from tasting too heavy. For the best flavor, we found it worthwhile to track down good-quality imported Gruyère cheese. Nutty tasting and smooth melting, it was the perfect choice for this Alsatian Potato Casserole recipe.
This French casserole is relatively light, having no cream and very little butter.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists