All-Purpose BBQ Rub
From Cook's Country
We wanted a dry spice rub for grilling and barbecue that was suitable for a wide range of meats and poultry. For the base of our All-Purpose BBQ Rub recipe, we used a blend of brown sugar and paprika. Their sweet flavor and vibrant color complemented a variety of other flavors and tempered the spiciness perfectly. Onion and garlic powders added deep flavor; fresh garlic tends to burn and turn bitter in a rub. Spiciness for our All-Purpose BBQ Rub came from a three-pronged attack: dry mustard, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Makes about 1/3 cup
This recipe can be doubled or tripled. Store the extra in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists