All-American Cherry Tomato Salad
From Cook's Country
Tossing the quartered cherry tomatoes with salt and letting them sit drew out their excess moisture, preventing our All-American Cherry Tomato Salad from suffering a watery fate. When we reduced the excess tomato juice and simmered it with vinegar and a shallot, its concentrated flavor made a potent base for the vinaigrette and gave our All-American Cherry Tomato Salad a double tomato flavor. Cubing the cheddar cheese so that it was the same size as a quartered cherry tomato ensured equal amounts of these ingredients in every bite.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists