From Cook's Country
Alfajores, sweet Argentinean cookies, rely on the sweetness of dulce de leche, a caramel used in many Latin American recipes. Our Alfajores recipe has a high ratio of flour to cornstarch, so it has a slightly cakey texture. Toasting the coconut until it’s golden brown brings out its nuttiness.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies
Dulce de leche, a Latin American caramel of sorts, is sold in the baking aisle of most supermarkets.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists