Alabama BBQ Chicken on a Gas Grill
From Cook's Country
For an Alabama-inspired barbecued chicken recipe, we ditched the tomato and slathered a mayonnaise-based sauce on hickory-smoked chicken. Smoking generally takes hours, but our recipe expedites the process by cutting the chicken in half before placing it on the grill. We coated our chickens with the Alabama-style barbecue sauce—a seasoned mayonnaise and vinegar mixture—two times during cooking so the hot chicken absorbed the sauce and was flavored through and through.
To hold the wood chips, you will need a small disposable aluminum tray.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists