7UP Pound Cake
From Cook's Country
In the early 1950s, soda companies began marketing their products as more than mere drinks. Odd recipes like 7UP Salad and 7UP Parfait Pie have mercifully been forgotten, but 7UP Pound Cake remains a treasured favorite. To bring out some citrus zing and balance the flavors of our 7UP Pound Cake, we cut back on the amount of sugar called for in the original recipe. Since finely grated zest can be added without affecting texture, we added plenty of lemon and lime zest. For extra citrus punch, we also added fresh lemon and lime juice.
Fresh, not flat, 7UP is essential for the best texture and rise. You can also bake the cake in a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists