Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Why this recipe works:
Slicing the chicken breasts thin creates bite-size pieces that cook in minutes.
Slicing the chicken breasts thin creates bite-size pieces that cook in minutes.less
Serve with salsa, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and sliced thin crosswise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1. Combine chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with spice mixture. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken and cook until well browned all over and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
2. Return now-empty skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, bell pepper, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice. Transfer to platter with chicken. Serve with tortillas.