Basic Pizza Sauce
From Cook's Country
For our Basic Pizza Sauce recipe, we used canned crushed tomatoes, cooking them until just thickened, about 15 minutes. The sauce actually began to lose its fresh flavor if we cooked it much longer. To flavor the sauce, we added a little garlic cooked in olive oil, being sure not to let the garlic brown; otherwise the sauce tasted bitter.
Makes 2 2/3 cups
This recipe makes enough for four pan pizzas, so you will need only half when making Pepperoni Pan Pizza (see related recipe). Freeze the remaining sauce for future pizza making.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists