Wrapping Wood Chips
If wood chips aren't soaked and wrapped in foil, they combust quickly and produce an immediate cloud of smoke that doesn't penetrate food. Here's how we prepare the chips to ensure they burn slowly and still infuse our food with flavor.
The article you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists