Creating Slow Smoke on the Grill with a Foil Packet of Wood Chips
Wood chips placed directly on lit charcoal (or on a hot burner of a gas grill) will burn too quickly. Use this test kitchen technique to create slow, steady smoke.
The article you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists